Here is what you need to know about the learnings from the Facebook Media Planning and Buying Courses.
Digital Marketing Landscape:
- Learned how to identify key consumer behavior trends on mobile the role of Facebook within this environment.
- We have learned how facebook get consumer information to show the Facebook ads to the different audiences
- Mobile devices are now a primary channel for internet access, entertainment, and social connections.
- Learned about how Ads on Facebook platforms allow advertisers to connect with consumers who are interested in their products and encourage engaged viewers to take action. For example, drive visits to an online store, app, or customer registration page. As well as starting a conversation in Messenger or WhatsApp.
- Understand the marketing funnel on Facebook, awareness consideration, and conversion.
- Choosing the right objectives of the ads is very important for a business to perform well or get more conversion.
From Business Goals to Ad Objectives
- In this course, I’ve learned how to set a measurable business goal and choose the best Facebook campaign objective to meet your goal.
- Understand the client’s business goals what they wanted to achieve from Facebook ads, and then we can develop a marketing strategy for them.
- Learned about A well-defined business goal is specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound (SMART).
- We can measure Facebook ads performance on Facebook Analytics dashboards.
- Map the campaign objectives to reach the business goals
- Gone through the Ads objectives categories and their goals to a business.
Ads Managers Basic
- In this lesson I have learned about the Ad Creation Process, like types of campaign, types of objective, CBO, Buying type, audience selection, ads scheduling, and creativity.
- We need to identify the business goals and expectations from Facebook ads to track the metrics.
- Reporting, Measure Campaign performance, and report generation from the dashboard
Buying on Facebook
- In this lesson, I have learned about the fundamentals of buying and the difference between an auction, reach and frequency, and TRP buying.
- The big difference between the buying types is based on how much do advertisers need predictability versus flexibility?
- Understand the Facebook auction and working, who will be the winner of ads, and what are the other parameter on which FB decides the ads maximizes value.
- Learned about how FB calculates the auction bidding costs.
- Reach and frequency buying is only for specific objectives like reach, brand awareness, and video views.
- The target audience is needed at least 200,000 but we cant target the custom audience.
- In this topic, I have learned about the creative formats and placements based on the business goals of the advertiser.
- Learned about the Dynamic creative ads importance.
- Understand the requirements of differents creative sizes for the best user experience
- In the last, I have gone through how people consume content on mobile.
Measurement and Analysis on Facebook
- In this, I have learned about the Facebook measurement and reporting tools to get insights into an audience.
- I have understood the data, measurement, reporting, and Insights.
- Understand the data sources available on Facebook like FB Pixel, Conversion API, FB SDK, and Offline Events.
- So here, I have learned about how to use A/B tests, conversion lift tests, and brand survey tests to evaluate and optimize campaigns.
- Learn about types of experiment runs for a performance measure, with and without a control group.
- Learned in detail about the conversion lift test, Brand survey tests, A/B tests, and Campaign budget optimization test.
- Impact of advertising with Facebook Attribution and marketing mix modeling.
Facebook Ad Delivery
- Facebook ad delivery system determines where, when and to whom to show your ads, there are three core components on which they work together, The Facebook ad auction, Performance optimization, and Advertiser controls
- Now I have learned about how the Facebook auction works. Facebook uses the total value to determine the winner in each auction and the Total value is a combination of three factors: advertisers’ bid, estimated action rates, and user value.
- FB ads performance also depends on the pacing and learning phase of ads, the Facebook ad delivery system uses machine learning to determine where, when and to whom it should show your ads.
- We have learned various advertiser controls in the Facebook ad delivery system like Campaign objective and delivery optimization, Audience, Budget, Bid Strategy, Placement, and Creativity.
Facebook Bid Strategies
- Advertisers can achieve the best results when they select the right bid strategy, Like spend-based bid strategies, goal-based bid strategies are a type of automated bidding.
- Bid strategy of budget management facebook optimizes the ads and budget cost on a daily and lifetime basis.
- Understand the concept of Bid, cost, and bid strategy
Define your Facebook Audience
- In this lesson, I have learned about Core Audiences, which enables advertisers to create audiences based on demographics, interests, location, behaviors, connections, and life events
- Use Audience Insights to learn more about your audience or compare your audiences.
- Learned about the custom audience, enable you to use the information you already have about current and prospective customers to build your target audience.
- We can also create a custom audience from website visitors from pixels and we can also create a lookalike custom audience to retarget them.
- Here I have learned about lookalike audiences deliver ads to new people, and how to Create a seed audience, Value-based lookalike audiences, and International lookalike audiences
- Data sources allow our targeting tools to remarket to new and existing customers across the Facebook family of apps.
Get Started With Data-Driven Marketing
- In this lesson, we have gone through how the Facebook pixel, SDK, and offline conversions tool can help you record various events
- With data sources, we can map these events and help the machine learning system better understand what each person cares about
- Gone through the way of collecting data from different sources to facebook and tools.
- I understand about the core events which allow tracking the behavior of users over websites and apps, such as Standard events, Custom conversions, Custom events, and Offline events
2. Media Planning Core Lessons:
Facebook Advertising Policies
- Explored how ads are reviewed and how to differentiate between restricted and prohibited content
- It is important to understand our advertising policies before you run ads, we can reduce delays and minimize the time and resources you spend to rework your ads.
- The ads we place on Facebook are subject to multiple levels of review and approvals.
- Gone through the different types of policies, like Reasons ad copy can be rejected. Prohibited content, Restricted content,
- Facebook Policy for Landing page violations like a duplicate landing page, popups, 404 page, different websites, and different products.
- To maintain a better user experience facebook maintain the set of rules & regulation and decorum to Create a better customer experience, for this purpose Facebook creates collects the customer’s feedback and that show on the customer feedback dashboard.
- Here we have learned about how to improve your feedback score
- Gone through the Facebook ads policy of election, social issue, covid 19, and e-commerce
Targeting Strategies for Business Goals
- In this lesson, I have learned how to select appropriate targeting strategies for different client objectives and how to evaluate client marketing goals and recommend a targeting strategy.
- Select the right ad objectives and optimization events for your business goals.
- Things to do, Avoid audience overlap when you build audiences, Exclude audiences you don’t want to reach, and Ensure your ads follow the targeting policies.
Test Ad Effectiveness with Experiments
- In this lesson we have learned about The group that receives the treatment is the test group. The group that doesn’t receive the treatment is the control group
- Understand the Two Types of Randomized Controlled Trial Tests on Facebook. Holdout Tests, and Brand Survey Tests.
Using Insights to Inform Ad Strategy
- In this lesson we have learned about Facebook IQ resources can help to inform new opportunities and we have also learned about how to choose the relevant insights resources for your campaign needs and strategy.
- We have focused on three key resources for insights that can help to guide your campaign planning: Facebook IQ articles and reports, the Insights to Go tool, and the Audience Insights tool.
- Facebook IQ resources can guide your marketing strategy with powerful consumer and advertising insights.
Using Insights to Inform Ad Strategy
- Facebook IQ resources use data from our platforms and commissioned research to produce powerful, actionable insights on audiences, industries, and advertising.
- Facebook IQ resources can help you better understand your audience, explore your industries and enhance your planning and buying.
- Facebook IQ resources help you unlock opportunities through insights inspired by the people and businesses on our platforms.
- In this lesson, I have learned about how to outline the purpose of assets, audiences, images, catalogs, and business locations
- Business Manager benefits, control, privacy, security, efficiency, and verification
- Setup business account and ads account, How to ads the page and people for different roles and permission for different roles
Facebook Data sources
- In this topic, I have learned how to verify that data sources have been implemented properly and the importance of site-wide tagging.
- I have learned a way of data Capture website actions with the pixel, Installation of the pixel, and event setup
- Verify proper implementation of the pixel for the two communication between you and your website.
- Site-wide tagging helps you track the specific actions on your webpage that are most meaningful to your business.
- Learn the use of Facebook SDK and offline conversions
Read More: What is Facebook Certification?